І. The general situation of Yiwu
1. History: Yiwu located at the middle part of Zhejiang Province with a long history; in the 25th year of Qin Shi Huang (222 B.C.), Wushang County, subordinated to Huiqi Prefecture, was established. As a result, Yiwu was one of most ancient counties (cities) in Zhejiang Province. In 1988, Yiwu County was revoked, and Yiwu City (the county-level city) was established. With the approval of the State Council, Yiwu became the international trade comprehensive reform pilot in 2011.
2. Districts population: With 1,105 square meters of administrative region area, Yiwu City governed 7 street offices, 6 organic towns as well as their 716 subordinated administrative villages, 61 neighborhood committees (committees developing from villages) and 36 urban communities (neighborhood committees).By the end of 2010, the population with local census registers were 740 thousand with 1.43 million foreign constructers long living in Yiwu and more than 200 thousand floating people every day.
3. The total output value of Yiwu district was RMB 61.4 billion with an increase of 11.5% year on year and RMB 83,539 Yuan per capita.
4. General budget revenue in finance was RMB 7.7 billion, among which local budgeted revenue was RMB 4.28 billion with the respective increases of 8.7% and 10.7% year on year.
5. Rational industrial structure: In 2010, the proportion of three main industries in Yiwu was 2.8∶43.2∶54.0, among which the tertiary industry achieves its added value RMB 33.14 billion with an increase of 12.7%. During the 11th Five-Year Plan, its GDP proportion of service industry had cumulatively increased by 3.1%.
6. Life of the residents: With the budget financial expenses tilting to the livelihood of the people, the total expenditure on social security, medical treatment and public health, environment protection, rural and urban community affairs was RMB 980 million with an increase of 24.8 %. The total volume of retail sales of consumption goods had reached RMB 29.04 billion with an increase of 18.9% year on year; and the savings deposit of the urban and rural residents was RMB 83.6 billion. The net per capital income of rural residents was RMB 14775 with an increase of 14.5%; and the urban per capita disposable income was RMB 35220 with an increase of 14.2%. The Engel coefficient of the urban families was 31.9%; and that of the rural families was 34.1%. The number of car ownership in each 100 households was 43.3 cars.
II. Constructing the international small wares trade Centre
1. General situation of market: the gross operation area of Yiwu market was more than 4 million square meters with 62 thousand business booths, 16 broad headings, 4202 types and 1.7 million single goods. If one stopped at each booth for 3 minutes, one needed more than one year before visiting all the booths in light of 8 hours a day. There were more than 200 thousand employed persons with 210 thousand passenger flow volume each day. More than 100 thousand manufacturing enterprises and 6000 famous brands coming from all over the world exhibited their commodities throughout the year. The superior commodities such as accessories, toys, art ware, articles of daily use, socks and zipper covered more than 30% of China market share. Yiwu worked as the bridge for China wares moving towards the world and the world wares moving towards China. And Yiwu was honored as the largest small wares wholesale market by the authority organizations such as the United Nation and the World Bank.
2. International trade mart: Yiwu international trade mart market was one of the most advanced professional markets with more than 3 million square meters of total covered area. The first-stage, second-stage and third-stage projects of the international trade mart make up the global largest commodity wholesale market in light of the monomer area, which equal to the area of the third terminal of capital airport. The market of the second phrase in the third-stage project of international trade mart will come into service in April, 2011, with overall floorage of 640 thousand square meters.
3. The import commodities hall: The fifty-thousand-meter import commodity hall was newly established with nearly 30 thousand overseas commodities from 55 countries. There were about 10% of wares in the market coming from overseas. Yiwu market planned to increase 100 thousand square meters using for the follow-up development of the import commodity hall in the newly built Fifth District markets. Under the active encouragement of the superior departments such as the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the 5000-square-meter project of “African Products Exhibition Center” settled in Yiwu. And Yiwu market was changing from “buying Chinese goods and selling Chinese goods” to “buying global goods and selling global goods”.
4. The volume of commercial trade: In 2010, the total volume of Yiwu peddlers’ market was RMB 62.116 billion, with an increase of 11.7% year on year. And the total volume of Yiwu market had ranked the first among all big specialized markets around China for successive 20 years, among which the trade volume of the China commodities mart market was RMB 45.606 billion with an increase of 10.8% year on year. The trade volume of the China commodity market broke through the limit of RMB 45 billion for the first time and set the best result in the increase of trade volume in recent 10 years at the same time.
5. The rights of speaking among the world:Starting from the October, 2006, “Yiwu·China Small Commodities Index” established by the Ministry of Commerce had been issued periodically; the Yiwu Index consisted of three parts: price index, prosperity index and monitoring indicators index, which further includes 23 subentry indexes. It had become the “wind vane” and “weatherglass” for the global small commodities production and trade price changing. And it successfully issued the first “market credit index”; it was firstly granted the title of “national market credit classification regulatory demonstration market” by the State Administration for Industry& Commerce of the People’s Republic of China. Small Commodities Classification and code, the first industrial standard in our country was formulated and implemented, and from then on there was “Yiwu classification” for the global small commodities. Yiwu market has realized the significant transformation from the simple export of commodity to the comprehensive export of commodity, information and rules, which opened a wider space for China consumer products moving towards the international mainstream market.
6. Market driving ability:
The market commodities have exported to 215 countries and regions all around the world with more than 65% of export-oriented degree. The market attracted more than 60 thousand operational bodies to access the market with more than 200 thousand enterprises directly supplying materials for it. As a result, it became the important channel for domestic labor concentrated industries to blend into the global production network. The huge production-supply-marketing system behind the Yiwu market provided more than 3 million posts for 25 provinces (municipalities) to accept customer’s materials for processing and paid more than 5 billion for processing services each year, which opened up a new channel to increase the income of rural labor force “leaving their farmland but not their hometown”
III. Forging the advanced manufacturing base
1. The general situation of industries and superior industries: Yiwu had more than 26 thousand industrial enterprises of proper scales, of which 1202 enterprises were above medium-size. More than 20 superior industries such as knitting and stockings business, accessories, handiwork, wool spinning and cosmetics had been formed; and a group of national even global “championships” had emerged; the products such as accessories and zippers held more than 30% of the national shares; the output of seamless underwear held 20% of the global shares and 80% of national shares; and the developing situation of “small commodities, big industry, small enterprise and big cluster” were formed.
2. Gross output value
In 2010, Yiwu realized the gross output value of RMB 117.49 billion, among which the production value of the enterprises above designated size was RMB 59.25 billion, with the respective increases of 20.9% and 24.9%. The enterprises above designated size had realized the sales value of RMB 57.45 billion with the sales-output ratio of 97.0%. The industry consumption was 3.72 billion kilowatt-hours with an increase of 14.9% year on year.
3. Industry base
Yiwu was honored with 12 national grade industry base titles such as the pen manufacturing, cosmetics, seamless knitting, craft gifts, among which it was honored with the titles of “The Industry and Trade Capital of China Plastics Cases (International)” and “China Gloves City”; the zipper industry was honored with the title of province-level regional brand base, and the accessories industry was listed as the 21 provincial massive economic key industrial clustered upgrading project.
4. Energy saving and emission reduction
The first four years of the “11th Five-Year Plan”, the droop rates of per GDP energy consumption in our city were 5.29%, 4.24% , 5.6% and 4.5% respectively; and the rate of the completed projects was 18.21%, which had outnumbered the average accumulative droop levels of the provincial rate (17.3%) and Jinhua City rate (17.42%). In 2010, the energy consumption reducing rate of industrial added value was about 6%, and the per GDP power consumption reducing rate was -2.80%. The Yiwu 10 thousand GDP energy consumptions were 0.5934 ton standard coal with the decreasing rate of 2.36% year on year. The energy conservation task of decreasing 20% requested by the “11th Five-Year Plan” was basically realized through an average annual increase of 7.6% energy consumption supporting an average annual 11.5% economic growth.
5. Intellectual property: The total number of intellectual property in Yiwu City was 12004 with 32619 registered trademarks, 78 China well-known trademarks, 7 China famous-brand products and 45 provincial famous-brand products. Yiwu City had ranked second in the national county-level city trademark comprehensive strength for successively three years. And the Yiwu court had become the only court at the basic level that carry out the patentstrial pilot work.
6. Upgrading and innovation
Zhejiang University- Yiwu Pioneering Incubation Center had imported 14 enterprises; and 17 projects were in contemplation, among which one project was listed as the national innovation fund project. Yiwu innovation campus had imported 55 innovation enterprises, colleges and universities research and development organizations such as the modern industrial design research institution of Zhejiang University, Asia-Pacific International Digital Design Limited Company and Hangzhou Bole Design. The Policies and Suggestions on Speeding up the Headquarter Economy Development had been enacted so as to structure the headquarter economy development pattern on the carriers of the financial business district and the central part of the economic development zone. The seamless contexture industrial association had been upgraded as the second province-level industry association. The China Tourist Commodity R&.D Center founded in last June had successfully developed the tourist commodity into 10 broad heading with more than 600 products. Yiwu had 134 high and new tech enterprises, among which includes 6 enterprises belonging to the national key torch plan and 21 enterprises belonging to the state key supporting enterprises. And there were 135 research and development centers in Yiwu, among which 14 of them were above province-level. In the China City Innovation Report of 2008, the innovation ability of Yiwu ranked the 7th in the counties of China.
IV. The rapid expansion of the modern service industry
1. Forging the international small commodities convention center: With 128 various exhibition activities being held in 2010, Yiwu had been successively honored various honorable reputations such as “the most glamorous exhibition city in China”,“membership of the Union of International Fairs”, “membership of International Association for Exhibition Management”, “China Top Ten Exhibition Cities”, “China Ten Famous Trademark Exhibition Cities” and “the Most Concerned Ten Exhibition Cities”. At present, there were four national grade exhibitions, which were respectively the China Yiwu International Commodities Fair (abbr. Yibohui), China Yiwu Cultural Product Fair (abbr. Wenbohui), China Yiwu (International) Forest Product Fair (abbr. Senbohui) and China International Tourist Commodity Fair (abbr. Tourist Commodity Fair); and China Yiwu International Commodities Fair had become the third largest economy and trade fair following the Canton Fair and the East China Fair. The international exhibition center which has been used now is the largest exhibition center in Zhejiang Province with RMB 1.8 billion total investment and covering an area of 219 mu,a unit of area (=0.0667 hectares).
The 16th China Yiwu International Commodities Fair and the 3rd Africa Commodity Fair arranged 5000 international standard booths with an exhibition area of 120 thousand square meters and 2617 enterprises coming from 44 countries, regions and 29 provinces (municipalities and cities) of China; there were 134393 trade visitors with an increase of 9.0% year on year; the volume of business in the exhibition reached to RMB 12.767 billion with an increase of 10.6% year on year. The Cultural Product Fair of 2010 was successfully upgraded as the national grade fair sponsored by Ministry of Culture with 2371 international standard booths and an increase of 58.07% year on year; and the volume of business of RMB 2.807 billion had been realized with an increase of 51.8% year on year; there were 83915 people taking part in the exhibition with an increase of 23.03% year on year. With 2160 international standard booths, the 3rd Forest Product Fair covered an area of 50 thousand square meters; with total volume of business of RMB 2.821 billion, the fair had become forest exhibition offer the most business opportunities in China and the largest exhibition scale in Asia forest professional fairs. The Tourist Product Fair had 2256 international standard booths, more than 100 thousand visitors, among which 7156 overseas travelling traders with an increase of 38.69% year on year; the volume of business of RMB 2.769 billion had been realized with an increase of 17.28% year on year.
2. Establishing the regional logistics highland: As one of the key constructions of three “customs clearance” of Zhejiang Province and one of the four modern logistics hubs, Yiwu needed to be fostered greatly; and its logistics park was listed as the key provincial logistics base. General Administration of Customs of People’s Republic of China specially arranged policies such as the “tourist shopping commodity”, simplification and classification for Yiwu to implement the customs clearance mode of “customs clearance at different places and port discharging”, which realized the one-stop customs clearance with Ningbo Port and Shanghai Port. At present, Yiwu had 2,311 different logistics enterprises, among which 1,126 domestic logistics enterprises, 1,051 international freight storage enterprises and 134 express delivery logistics enterprises with an operation area of 1,051,800 square meters, 28.85425 million tons yearly total shipment and 157,273 logistics employees. In Yiwu, there were more than 30 thousand goods vehicles, and 5,268 of them were container trucks. The Yiwu freight transport through highway could directly reach to more than 320 large and medium-sized domestic cities, which covered all the important cities in China; there is at least one truck on each special freight-line every day, and the freight transport can realize the evening departure and morning arriving within the scope of 800 km. The railway interim check station connected more than 20 big railway stations. There are more than 100 Aviation freight forwarders located at Yiwu with over 30 thousand tons international aviation freight forwarders each year; the “ground-to-air” seamless connected “truck flight freight business” from Yiwu to Shanghai Pudong International Airport was pushed out in March, 2010. The volume of business express delivery increased rapidly with 150 thousand express delivery mails every day, among which 21 thousand of them were export mails. The global famous shipping corporation such as China Shipping, CMA CGM, ZIM and WHL had established administrative bodies in Yiwu.
3. Cultivating the regional financial highland: By the end of 2010, Yiwu financial institutions’ domestic and foreign currency accounts outstanding of deposits had reached to RMB 150.05 billion with an newly increase of RMB 24.24 billion compared with the beginning of the year. The outstanding loan was RMB 106.29 billion with an increase of RMB 19.57 billion compared with the beginning of the year. Yiwu had 18 banking financial institutions, 2 small-loan companies, 9 security company sales departments, 5 HS Securities Futures and 36 safety and arming devices. Yiwu was listed as the second group of RMB cross broader trade settlement pilot city, and it also founded the first domestic and foreign currency exchange division in Zhejiang Province. The four nationalized banks of Yiwu were all ratified to be upgraded as subsidiary banks, which further boosted the developmental capacity of local economy. In the process of constructing the financial business district, the future world trade center with 0.75 square kilometers in total planning area, 2.90 million square meters in overall floorage and 260 meters in height will become the new landmark in the middle-part of Zhejiang Province when it is completed.
4. The flourishing tourist industry: In 2010, Yiwu had received 8108.7 thousand visitors and 450.1 thousand of them being foreign visitors with respective increases of 18.39% and 20.07%. The shopping tourism center of the Yiwu International Trade Mart was the first (AAAA) tourist shopping attraction in China; its shopping tourism receptions had received 6490 tour groups with 223,941 visitors throughout the year. It has 13 star level hotels, one five star hotel, 7 four star hotels, 17 travel agencies, 4 tourism branches and 6 travel sites now.
VI. Notable improvement in internationalization
1. The integration of Yiwu’s economy into the global market: In 2010, 576 thousand TEU export containers passed the supervision of YiWu Customs District, an increase of 12.7% year on year. The freight volume in Yiwu International Logistics Center was 427 thousand TEU, an increase of 29.9% year on year. The total value of self-supporting import and export business reached 3.12 billion USD, an increase of 32.7% year on year. Among them, 2.86 billion USD were of export business, an increase of 34.1% year on year and above the average level in China; 260 million USD were of import business, an increase of 19.2% year on year. There were 54 countries (regions) with whom the export value exceeded tens of millions of dollars.
2. Foreign businessmen and institutions stationed in Yiwu:
The overseas customers entering Yiwu exceeded 420 thousands in 2010, an increase of 32% year on year. 13 thousand overseas businessmen have lived in Yiwu for more than half a year. By the end of 2010, 3,008 overseas enterprises had set up representative offices in Yiwu, which was more than a half of the total overseas enterprises in Zhejiang Province, ranking first in the counties of China. More than 20 international retail groups such as Wal-Mart and Metro Group stationed here. Moreover, UNHCR set up a procurement information center in Yiwu.
3. The Yiwu businessmen under “going out” strategy：
Under the support and encouragement of the government, the “Yiwu Legion” made a splendid demonstration in the international economy and trade stage. In Dubai alone there were more than 2000 Yiwu businessmen doing business there. There were more than 50 Yiwu stores in Moscow, Russia. In South Africa, Yiwu businessmen established China Gate Shopping Center. The busy figures of Yiwu businessmen could be seen all around the five continents. In 2010, in cooperation with Global Sources in Hong Kong and Fiera Milano s.p.A., China Yiwu International Commodities Fair Overseas Exhibition were held in Dubai of UAE, Bombay of India and Macef of Italia, 120 booths from 97 enterprises of our city being organized for the exhibition.
4. Foreign-related services: Yiwu Customs District is the first county customs in China. Yiwu Exit-Entry Administration Department was established for the convenient of the foreign businessmen. Yiwu International Travel Healthcare Center, the new inspection and quarantine building and other foreign-related service facilities were put into use; a” Korean Clinic” was also opened to the public. Yiwu lawful institutions has jurisdiction over foreign-related civil and commercial litigation cases, and some civil disputes related to intellectual property also falls within the cognizance here. The foreign people can be invited for approving the administrative license for the employment of foreign staffs. China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission set up the first office at the county level in Yiwu. CAAC (China Aviation Administration of China) Yiwu Airport opens a temporary Yiwu-Hong Kong flight every year. It is the first airport at the county level in China, with more than 40% overseas passengers.
5. Businessman from different countries live in harmony: At present, there are 320 foreign children from more than 20 countries studying at Yiwu. 158 overseas students from 28 countries are studying in Yiwu Industrial & Commercial College International Education Institute now. Many foreign businessmen have completely integrated into the life circle in Yiwu, taking part in community management, NPC and CPPC sessions. Yiwu were selected as the most favorite Chinese city by the public both at home and abroad, and the most commercial city in mainland China.
6. Worldwide attention from foreign government officials:
Nearly a hundred embassies and consulates were in direct contact with Yiwu. International exchanges were making between Yiwu and 18 foreign cities such as Jung-gu of Seoul of Korea, Parramatta of Australia, San Antonio of the U.S., Dar es Salaam of Tanzania, etc. In recent years, leaders of thirteen countries visited Yiwu, including Comoros, Samoa, Dominica, Micronesia, Niger, Comoros, Samoa, Dominica, Micronesia, the Republic of Niger, Uganda, Fiji, Singapore, etc. 860 foreign diplomatic representatives and senior government delegations came to Yiwu for visit and investigation. Now, Yiwu has become an important channel and window for economic and cultural exchanges between China and foreign countries.
VI. The coordinated development of urban and rural areas
1. The general situation of urban construction: At present, there were 105 key construction projects in our city, in which RMB 10.26 billon of investment in had been completed, an increase of 13.2% year on year. In 2010, fixed asset investment in the whole society was RMB 20.73 billion, an increase of 16.4% year on year; the investment above designated size were RMB 19.23 billion, an increase of 17.8% year on year. Now, the area of the central city reached 90 square kilometers, 75% of which was urbanized. An integrated rural and urban water supply network had been basically completed, with 90% coverage rate of tap water. The household garbage collection and disposal had covered all rural and urban areas. There had completed the construction of five sewage treatment plants, with daily processing capacity of 290 thousand ton. The problem of sewage treatment had been solved in the 354 villages. The good ambient air quality days reached 85% of the year, and the percentage of forest cover was 49.8%. In the past few years, Yiwu was ranked in the following honor lists: the National Sanitary Cities, China National Model Cities for Environmental Protection, Outstanding Tourist Cities in China, National Garden Cities, National Food Safety Model Cities, National Advanced Cities of Science and Technology, National Advanced Cultural Cities, National Advanced Sports Counties, Zhejiang Civilization Cities, China Top Small & Medium Cities with Most Investment Potential, “Forbes” Best Commercial City, passing the acceptance test procedure of National Ecological City.
2. The “rural” questions: In 2010, the total revenue of agricultural economy was RMB 60.584 billion, an increase of 1.0% over 2009. The total output value of agriculture was RMB 2.524 billion, an increase of 17.5% over 2009. 2300 families and agricultural enterprises formed an appropriate scale, of which 227 were leading agricultural enterprises, leading 195 thousand rural families for their development. 214 professional farming cooperative were established, leading 47.1 thousand farming families. The output value of appropriate scales of agriculture accounted for more than 65% of the total output value of agriculture. More than 60% of the arable lands achieved land use right transfer, and the mechanization level of farming and harvesting reached 69%. In 2010, the investment in new countryside construction was RMB 10.7 billion, with an average annual increase of 27.3%, completing ten million square meter construction of new countryside. By the end of 2010, there were 278 villages being renovated. 118 old villages started their renovation either, 36 of which finished their renovation. The agro-tourism was greatly developed. 98 families were dealing with agro-tourism and 1448 employees engaged in this business. There were 1.327 million visitors the whole year, which brought about RMB 52.2 million of revenue, an increase of 15.23% and 38.12% respectively year on year. The training of rural labor force transfer was increased. Last year, there were 22,686 people taking part in rural labor force training. Among them, 2034 were for transfer employment skills, 3,812 were for rural practical training, 393 were for rural pioneering work, and 16447 migrant rural workers were for job skills training. There created 17 model villages of comprehensive well-off construction at the province level and 59 model villages at the level of the city. The 32 administrative villages and 11 natural villages which belonged to outer suburbs were instructed to carry out the well-off project in different places, resulting in 3,000 mountain farmers out of poverty.
3. Education: There are 137 thousand students in 118 ordinary primary and middle schools; 11.2 thousand students in 5 secondary vocational schools; 61.2 thousand children in 300 kindergartens, with 96.04% of the pre-school children enrollment three years prior to primary schools; 64 students in one special education school. The total number of students in all schools is 198.2 thousands. Our city successfully created the national advanced district of balanced development in promoting compulsory education, with 99.4% of popularizing rate of fifteen years education. The 79 standardized schools account for 80% of the compulsory education schools. There are 59 model schools at the provincial or city’s level. Yiwu Industrial & Commercial College is the only vocational college for “creative” college constructions in Zhejiang Province. There are five newly founded characteristic schools at the provincial level. The gross enrollment rate of higher education is 61.7%, which is 17.2% above the average level of our province.
4. Culture: Yiwu Business is the only county newspaper supervised by the local government in China. Yiwu Broadcasting and Television Bureau is also the only one in China county radio stations which possess dual TV channels by now. The newly created modern Wu Opera “The Feather Is Up” was awarded the excellent new play in the eleventh opera festival of Zhejiang Province. A company of players of literature and art lovers made 65 tour performances on the newly created Call of Spring-Yiwu “Two Creation & Two improvement” Literature Propaganda Works in the towns, streets and enterprises. The newly-built library covers 21 thousands square meters, and the preparatory work for the building of the cultural center and the museum is carried out successively. There are nearly a thousand historic buildings in our city, with two historical and cultural sites protected at the national level, five at the province level, and 70 at the level of city. One is listed among the intangible cultural heritage at the national level, 4 at the province level, 15 at the level of Jinhua city and 61 at the level of Yiwu city. In 2010, 349 artistic performances and 8408 films went to the countryside.
5. Medical treatment and public health: In order to push forward the health care reform and initiate the reform of national essential drugs system, the health Bureau of Zhejiang Province had designated our city as one of the first 100 experimental unit counties of public hospital reform. The three major projects at the province and city’s level, including the move and construction of The Yiwu Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and the second stage of Yiwu Central Hospital, should speed up their respective construction. Our city was listed into the Voluntary Blood Donation Advanced Municipalities. By the end of 2010, there were 679 medical and health institutions. Among them, 6 were comprehensive hospitals, 10 were specialized hospitals, 7 were health institutions, 13 were street or town central hospitals, 63 were community health service stations, and 379 were village clinics.
6. The development of sports: In 2010, there established two advanced streets of sports at the province level. All towns and streets have achieved the standard of advanced town or street of sports at the province level. The work of building an advanced area of sports achieved “all-round success” and our city has become the only one in this respect in our province. The rural well-off and fitness program was strongly put forward, which brought about the new building of 16 model spots of well-off fitness program, 15 exercise spots, 86 newly-built exercise routes, 75 basketball courts and 3 mini fitness sites. The “training of thousands of people” program was continued, in which 10 training classes of various types were hold and more than 200 people being trained. The sports network organizations were further developed, with 15 individual sports associations and 4 town/streets sports federations.
7. Social welfare and security: In 2010, there were 247 thousand of company workers insuring the basic endowment insurance system, 209 thousands of staffs incurring the basic medical insurance, 326 thousands of people insuring injury insurance at work, 113 thousands of people insuring unemployment insurance, 96 thousands of women insuring maternity insurance, 183 thousands of farmers whose lands had been acquired by the government incurring endowment insurance and 32 thousands of them being able to receive a monthly pension payment, 14 thousands of farmers whose land use right transferred incurring endowment insurance and 9,974 of them being able to receive their insurance money at present, 511 thousands of rural and urban residents incurring medical insurance with 90.45% of insured rate. By the end of December, there were 212 thousands of rural and urban residents insuring endowment insurance, and 94 thousands of them are able to enjoy their pensions at present. The minimum monthly living allowance for urban residents were raised to RMB 400 per capita, while for the rural residents, RMB 240 per capita; the total minimum living allowance which was sent to the residents’ hands were RMB 17.37 million. The funding criteria of medical assistance increased from RMB 7 per capita in 2009 to RMB 10 per capita in 2010, and there were 1,576 patients being helped through the medical assistance with RMB 6.5 millions of relief funds, accounting for 93% of the medical assistance fund; 111 students were helped through the student finances of RMB 291 thousands. The function of charity federation was fully played for issuing RMB 6.9512 millions of charitable aids which benefited 1,406 poor families.
8. Social peace and harmony: In order to strengthen the supervision of safety in production, to put the gridding management of supervision into practice, and to promote the “Four Plus One” intensive regulations. we were successfully listed into the National Food Safety Model Cities through strengthening the quality control on food and drugs, The complaint reporting, social stability and public security have all along been attached great importance for keeping a lookout and investigating the social contradictions as well as cracking down on various criminal activities. There set up 27 “Comprehensive Treatment Model Offices”, with 52 offices at the village level and 24 at the enterprise level. The effect of such setting up is apparent, for above 85% of the contradictions and disputes being resolved through the work of these offices. 6322 cases of contradictions and disputes were investigated and resolved through the mediation organizations the whole year, with 6132 cases of which being successful mediated and the successful rate of 97.0%.the four traffic accident indicators came down, which resulted in no increase of death in traffic accidents for five years. The production accident was apparently curbed and there realized zero growth in criminal cases, with a decrease of 22.2% in homicide cases. The masses satisfaction rate for sense of security reached 98%, 2.2% above the average level in Zhejiang Province.